On Our Website
On Our Website
On Our Website:
Trescott History
1881 Atlas
Historical Links
Trescott Today
About Us
Contact Us / Join
Trescott Places

Activities:
THS Newsletter
Local Business

 
Our Next Meeting
Details to be announced.


We meet at the Lubec Memorial Library

Lubec Public Library - Click for Directions

1881 Washington County Atlas
The historical Atlas of Washington County, Maine by George N. Colby is now available from the Trescott Historical Society.

Visit Moon River Press for complete atlas information and to buy online...

Sample map of
Danforth Village
Reproduced exactly from the original 1881 edition.
Printed by digital imaging on acid-free archival quality stock.
Includes 87 maps of the county; all towns, villages and plantations; and timber and lot plans.
Maps show the owners' names and location of homestead, business, etc.
All names, no matter how small they appeared in the original, are reproduced in this edition with state of the art clarity.
This printing also includes additional information not in the original:
Tabulation of the 1790 first U.S. Census for Washington County.
Valuation of estates, listed by town, for the years 1860–1892.
Large “coffee table” size – 11” by 12 1/2” (80% of the original for convenience of handling).


Ordering Information and Queries
Available in limited quantities for $19.50, including shipping and handling. Your purchase benefits local Washington County libraries and historical societies.

Make check or money order payable to Trescott Historical Society and mail to:
     Trescott Historical Society
     P.O. Box 1
     200 Route 1
     Whiting, ME 04691


Atlas will be shipped by USPS. Allow 6 mail days for delivery.

For further information contact Len Healy.
Online ordering and more information on the Washington County and other historical atlases at Moon River Press.
On Our Website
 
The Trescott Historical Society is a private membership organization and is open to the public. We are dedicated to the study and publication of the history of the Township of Trescott, Maine. The now-unincorporated town of Trescott is nestled between the towns of Whiting & Cutler to the west, and Lubec to the east. To the north are the shores of Whiting Bay and Straight Bay, and to the south is Grand Manan Channel in the mouth of the Bay of Fundy.

Formerly known as Plantation No. 9, it was incorporated in 1827, named after Major Lemuel Trescott (1751-1826), a patriot from the American Revolution, who had moved to the area in 1784, and had become a prominent citizen. During those early days, the town of Trescott was busy with lumbering, farming and fishing.




Contents Copyright 2017 by Trescott Historical Society, but please feel free to use and link.